1859 - 1916 (57 years)
||Emma L. ALEXANDER, b. Apr 1864, Orleans County, New York , d. Sep 1953, Schenectady County, New York (Age ~ 89 years) |
- 1892 state census of Ridgeway, Orleans County, New York, enumerated as of 16 February 1892:
- Ames, Simeon, age 321, born U.S., occupation Blacksmith.
- Ames, Emma, age 27, born U.S.
- Ames, Gordon, age 5, born U.S.
- Ames, Gurtha, age 3, born U.S.
- 1900 census of Corning, Steuben County, New York, enumerated 8 June 1900:
- Ames, Emma L., age 36, married 14 years, mother of 2 children, 2 children still living, born April 1864 in New York, both parents born New York, occupation Dress Maker.
- Ames, Gordon A., age 13, son, born October 1886 in New York, both parents born New York, occupation At School.
- Ames, Grotha M., age 12, daughter, born May 1888 in New York, both parents born New York, occupation At School.
- Alexander, Mary J., age 58, mother, widowed, mother of 4 children, 3 children still living, born October 1841 in New York, both parents born New York.
- Alexander, Ada, age 23, sister, single, born October 1876 in New York, both parents born New York.
- 1905 census of Schenectady, Schenectady County, New York, enumerated as of 1 June 1905:
- White, Chas H., age 24, born U.S., occupation Sky Engineer.
- White, Ada, age 26, wife, born U.S., occupation Housework.
- White, Harold, age 1, son, born U.S.
- White, Edw C., age 23, brother, born U.S., occupation Car Conductor.
- Ames, Gordon, age 18, roomer, born U.S., occupation Clerk, Store.
- Ames, Bertha, age 17, niece, born U.S., occupation Housework.
|+||1. Gordon Alexander AMES, b. 30 Oct 1886, Shelby, Orleans County, New York , d. 26 Jun 1943, Schenectady, Schenectady County, New York (Age 56 years)|
| ||2. Gurtha Mary AMES, b. May 1888, Orleans County, New York , d. 26 Jul 1962, Corning, Steuben County, New York (Age ~ 74 years)|
||13 Aug 2017 |
- Wed #1 Emma L. Alexander (divorced); Wed #1 Hattie (?) Van Antwerp
The Evening News, N. Tonawanda NY; Sat. 3/25/1916 p1c2
S. G. AMES DIES AT ERIE
Resident of North Tonawanda Until Fifteen Years Ago.
BODY TO BE BROUGHT HERE
Members of Electric city Lodge, I. O. O. F., to Escort Remains to Elmlawn Where Interment Will Take Place?Funeral Services Tomorrow.
Word was received here this morning of the death of Simeon G. Ames, a former resident of North Tonawanda, which occurred at his home in Erie, Pa., early yesterday morning. Mr. Ames was 58 years. He resided here for many years prior to going to Erie about fifteen years ago. He was a former member of Electric City Lodge I. O. O. F., and at the time of his death was a member of the Erie Lodge, I. O. O. F.
Besides his widow, his parents, Mr. and Mrs. George Ames of Knowlesville; two sons, Gordon Ames of Schenectady and Charles Van Antwerp of Erie, Pa., one daughter, Mrs. William J. Lashner of North Tonawanda; six brothers, William H. Ames of Tonawanda, Fred Ames of Geno, Charles and Archibald Ames of Lockport, Harry Ames of Brooklyn and Edmund Ames of Knowlesville, and two sisters, Mrs. Nellie Ingram of Knowlesville and Mrs. Catherine Baker of Shelby survive.
The funeral will be held at Erie tomorrow morning and the body will arrive here at 2 o?clock. The members of Electric City Lodge, I. O. O. F., will meet at the hall on Webster street at 1:30 o?clock tomorrow afternoon to escort the body to Elmlawn, where the remains will be laid to rest under Odd Fellow rites.
The deceased was well-known among the older residents of the Tonawandas.?
[NOTE: His daughter Gurtha Mary Ames is missing above; and Charles Van Antwerp & Mrs. William Lashner are step children.]
The Evening News, Tonawanda / North Tonawanda NY; Mon. AM 3/27/1916 p4 c1
The following relatives and friends came to North Tonawanda, yesterday afternoon to attend the funeral of Simeon G. Ames, a former resident of North Tonawanda, whose death occurred at this home in Erie, Pa., Friday, the interment being made in Elmlawn: Mrs. Simeon G. Ames of Erie, Pa., the wife of the deceased; Mr. Gordon Ames, a son and Miss Gurtha Ames, a daughter of Schenectady; George Ames, father of the deceased and Edmond Ames, a brother of Knowlesville; Charles Van Antwerp, a step-son of Erie, Pa., Mr. and Mrs. William Lashner of North Tonawanda; Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Ingram, Mr. and Mrs. Edmond Ames of Knowlesville; Mrs. Catherine Baker of East Shelby; Mr. and Mrs. Charles Ames and Mr. Archie Ames of Lockport. All returning last evening, Mr. and Mrs. Lashner, accompanying Mrs. Simeon Ames to Erie.?
The Medina Daily Journal; Medina NY; Sat. 4/01/1916 p<2> c4
Mrs. Myron Baker was called to Tonawanda Sunday to attend the funeral of Simeon Ames, her brother. Mr. Ames formerly lived at East Shelby.?
The Orleans Republican, Albion NY; Wed. 4/05/1916 p<2> c6
Simeon Ames, son of Mr. and Mrs. Geo. Ames of Knowlesville, died in Pennsylvania last week.?
The Orleans Republican, Albion NY; Wed. 4/01/1931 [ORIG PUBL 4/--/1916] p3c3
FIFTEN YEARS AGO
Deaths? ? Simeon Ames in Pennsylvania; ?
The Orleans Republican, Albion NY; Wed. 4/02/1941 [ORIG PUBL 4/--/1916] p3c2
25 YEARS AGO
Deaths? ?Simeon Ames, of Knowlesville, in Pennsylvania; ?
[NOTE: Parents were of Knowlesville, not him.]